Monday, May 26, 2008

No more stuff!


I have to respond to my friend April's blog after something that happened to me at the drug store last night. I took my baby to grandma and grandpa's for a few hours but I forgot a nipple for his bottle. We went to the nearest open store (trying to find anything open on a Sunday in Utah county is difficult) and bought one bottle nipple. Well, the clerk tried to put it in a plastic grocery bag. I have such a hard time with this attitude! It's one little thing! I think I can hold it in my hand! I wish the whole world could adopt the attitude of trying to reduce, reuse and recycle. I even worry about recycling. I have no idea what happens to all my plastic and cardboard after I put it in the blue garbage can. I know that's ignorant of me but I haven't had time to check up on the county recyclers. I think reduce is the key. And starting with a reduction in packaging is very key. I know this is a mindset change for a lot of people (especially baggers in grocery & drug stores) but there is just no need for most of the packaging that is out there. It kills me when I go to the grocery store and see fruit and vegetable cut up into little pieces and put in plastic containers. Is it so hard to peel fruit? I don't understand why they do this.


My husband's cousin makes these great bags and I just love their website motto: maybe you need another reason to quit using plastic bags...

- plastic bags are ugly
- plastic bags kill turtles
- plastic bags make your butt look big

2 comments:

BAWC said...

true that sister! i am laughing so hard @ plastic bags make your butt look big :)

Lisa, Skye & little MC said...

Hey Micah! I like your blog! Isn't weird now days we all have blogs in order to keep in touch? Anyway, your baby is adorable and I know you are being a great mommy back there in Utah. I hope you are well and drop me a line sometime....Lisa (aka Bundy)

bundlesbanning@yahoo.com